Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment system where transparent aligners are used instead of brackets and wires to gradually shift the teeth into their ideal positions. Each aligner or tray is worn for one week and we recommend wearing them 24/7 day and night. The aligners are only removed in order to eat, brush, and floss the teeth. The least amount of time that aligners should be worn is 22 hours a day.
In our latest blog, our Blue Wave Orthodontics team will tell you 10 things you need to know about Invisalign Teen treatment. Chances are you already knew a few, especially if you are a current or past patient.
10 Things You Need to Know About Invisalign® Teen Treatment
- Invisalign® treatment is the modern way to straighten teeth.From 3D scanning to an individualized treatment program with amazing results, 95% of orthodontists are providing Invisalign treatment to adults and teens.
- Invisalign treatment is effective for a wide range of teeth-straightening cases from simple to complex.Invisalign Teen straightens teeth with 75% more predictability than traditional braces due to SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features.
- Invisalign treatment can now shape your teen’s smile up to 50% faster.Invisalign clear, removable aligners move teeth up to 50% faster than traditional braces. As they are removable, the progress is visible each step of the way.
- Invisalign treatment is a less painful way to straighten teeth.Invisalign aligners are smooth and comfortable in the mouth. There are no brackets or wires to rub or poke against the cheek or gums.
- Teens do wear their Invisalign aligners.Compliance is critical when straightening the teeth. Studies show that teens wear their aligners as directed for 20 to 22 hours a day.
- Teens who wear Invisalign clear aligners have more confidence.Invisalign Teen aligners are clear and are 2x more likely to boost self-esteem. Traditional braces can make teens more self-conscious.
- You can have fewer, shorter office visits and fewer emergency visits. There are no emergency orthodontic visits as there are no broken wires or brackets. Less office visits are required as well as there no manual adjustments needed.
- Your teen will feel that their life is uninterrupted during Invisalign treatment.Invisalign can be removed for school pictures, social events, eating, brushing, and flossing. No brackets or wires get in the way of playing sports either.
- Many orthodontic insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment up to 50%.Invisalign Teen is generally covered by dental insurance. Flexible spending accounts and payment plans are also options at most providers.
- The Invisalign® Teen Guarantee provides the confidence to choose Invisalign clear aligners for your teen. There is an option to switch to traditional wires and brackets at no additional cost if not satisfied within the first six months of Invisalign Teen.
Our doctors are, both VIP: Top 1% of the World Invisalign certified providers. They are highly skilled and qualified to work with product and its application, collectively treating more the 4,000 patients with Invisalign. In fact, Drs. Feldman and McDowell are well-known published experts on Invisalign and even lecture on the subject.
Schedule your free consultation today and learn more about how Dr. Feldman, Dr. McDowell, and Dr. Brockway are bringing bigger, brighter smiles to Tampa Bay with Invisalign!