- Water – 0 grams of sugar
- Soda – 49 grams of sugar
- Sports Drink – 21 grams of sugar
- Energy drink 27 grams of sugar
Dr. Randy Feldman, Chief Smile Officer of Feldman Orthodontics, recommends healthier beverage choices instead. These can include:
- Tap water, which contains enamel-strengthening fluoride (especially in Hillsborough County).
- Bottled water
- Milk, which has calcium and vitamin D to help your body better absorb the calcium
- Unsweetened teas, which can also contain fluorid
- ‘Zero’ calorie sports drinks
Note, if you like to drink sugary or energy drinks you can cut the sugar in half by adding water.Dr. Feldman always offers some advice to his patients during each visit, if there’s room for improvement. The cutting of sugar and energy drinks has multiple benefits. Start by thinking twice about it, then by cutting down … possibly leading to those healthier choices. Let us know how it’s going along your journey.Feldman Orthodontics 1773 W Fletcher Ave. Tampa 33612 Florida Tel: (813)
968-2483 or 3739 W Neptune St. Tampa 33629 Florida Tel: (813) 254-8005.To
learn more about Randy M. Feldman, DDS, MS and Feldman Orthodontics and
the orthodontic treatment available for children, teens, and adults
using braces, Invisalign, and Invisalign Teen, please visit: http://YourBite.com or call (813) 968-2483.